Friday, February 6, 2015

Who'd have thought it'd be raining in the Bahamas?

I was reading up on the Bahamas LPGA Classic today, from this article:

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/story/25055141/pancake-takes-lead-in-first-round-at-bahamas-lpga-classic

According to the Golf Channel (I've got the sound turned down on The Morning Drive but they've got text bugs crawling across the bottom of the screen) it's the Pure Silk Bahamas LPGA Classic.

Anyway, a friend of mine is, even as I type, in the Bahamas playing in a bridge tournament. She's in the second week of a two week tournament.

There are 3 sessions each day in a bridge tournament, apparently, each session lasting 3-4 hours and people can play in as many sessions as they want.

My friend figured she'd play in all the sessons, each day. Apparently they play not for money - which would at least make sense - but for "Gold" points or "silver" points.

I thought to myself... you're going to the Bahamas to play bridge?

I didn't realize that the Bahamas actually gets a lot of rainfall...and even flooding. (Last year's LPGA tournament ended early because of flooding.)

So I guess it's okay for her to spend all her time indoors...playing bridge...

(By the way, bridge is not specifically a women's game. I'd bet cash money that at least half of the players in this bridge tourney are men, and that they're spending all day in doors, as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment