Friday, February 6, 2015

What's Up With Golf Now's Psychotic Leprechaun?

I've got the Golf Channel on, watching the Pure Silk Bahamas LPGA Classic, and I've got the sound off because I'm working.

Every hour or so, yesterday and today, they've shown a commercial for GolfNow/FreeGolf for life.

A tubby guy is walking along an office corridor with another guy, and they stop at a desk where a guy dressed as a leprechaun is sitting.

I only had the sound up once, yesterday. The tubby guy addresses the leprechaun cheerfully - "You look like a golfer," or something like that.

And the leprechaun, or at least a full-sized man dressed in a green shirt and hat, is looking like he'd like to whip out a meat cleaver and start hacking off body parts, and he says something between gritted teeth, like, "What's up, Chuck."

And I'm thinking...what in the world are they trying to accomplish with this commercial? That leprechaun dude is scary, not an inviting character at all, and if I saw him on a golf course I'd run for my life.

If this commercial was for anything else than winning free golf for life, I'd never use the goods or services that was being advertised - that leprechaun is that much of a turn-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment